Adult Swimming Lessons
It is never too late to learn to swim! The Dubbo Aquatic Leisure Centre and Wellington Aquatic Leisure Centre Adults GOswim programs offer water safety and stroke development tailored to meet each person’s needs.
You will develop skills to ensure you are more comfortable and confident participating in aquatic activities inside of and beyond our aquatic facility.
Swimming lessons will enhance the opportunity for you to gain meaningful learning outcomes that aid your level of aquatic information, skill and comprehension for safer participation in, on and around water.
Our Integrated App
Everyone's GOswim journey is powered by innovative technology. The Active World app was specifically designed to improve communication and interaction between your swim schools and swimmers.
Your self managed personal portal will enable you to:
- View upcoming classes
- Book new classes
- Advise of us of your non-attendance and book make-up lessons
- Track learning pathways and progression
- Receive digital awards for effort, teamwork, perseverance and having FUN!
- Send and receive messages to the Centre staff
- Manage personal and billing details
FAQs Expand all
What's it like learning to swim as an adult?
Our adult classes are designed to cater for all abilities and cultural backgrounds. Learning to swim as an adult is just as important as learning to swim as a child.
No matter your age, where you're from or what level your current swimming capabilities are at. Our adult swimming lessons will help you improve your swimming and water safety abilities.
What are the benefits?
Adult swimming lessons are not just for adults who don’t know how to swim. Our classes offer a range of benefits when you’re in the water.
- Improved confidence in the water
- Increase swim stroke development
- Improved survival ability
- Correct swimming techniques
- Cardiovascular and resistance-based exercise
- Improved joint range of motion
- Improved strength and overall fitness